This came home in Simon's folder the other day. It was written, as you can see, by his "best fiend", Ben B. I love this! Ben B. is a super sweet kid too. Hope they are together next year. They also belong to our pool, so he and Simon will get to hang out a lot this summer. So happy he makes friends (or fiends) easily... it's a weight off my shoulders because it's not something that has always come easily for Ben. (my Ben, not Ben B...LOL)
We were at the pool last night and another classmate Simon likes a lot was there and they just played and played. It's effortless. There are a lot of reasons I worry about Simon, but his ability to make friends isn't one of them... at least right now. Thank goodness. :) It's a nice change.
Spent most of last week in and out of the bookfair. A few times, Jonathan came along for the ride. He was so good too... usually just played on Mrs. Terry's computer, drew in his notebook, or played on DS. On this particular day, his friend Aiden (seriously, he LOVES Aiden.... I think he thinks of him like another big brother) had come too and they played nicely together on PBSkids while we worked. Aiden is so tolerant and patient with J. I love it!
Friday was a busy day.... we ended it with the opening blast at the pool and the swim team meet and greet. We really went for Ben, but I asked Simon if he wanted to do swim team too and he said he thought maybe he wanted to try it. (he likes he swimsuit and the idea of getting ribbons... thankfully, they give ribbons to all the 8 and unders for just participating in meets... they don't have to place and they can't get disqualified) Simon can swim, as in, not drown... but strokes are difficult for him. I'm proud of him for wanting to try! Maybe coach Doug will work his magic and we'll have another swimmer by the end of the summer! I'm so proud of him for wanting to try!
Ben is happy to be back at the pool... this is from yesterday.... and we're going back today. So happy summer is almost here!!!
This is from Friday. My kids were among the first in the pool! It was COLD. Simon's lips were PURPLE. Ben kept getting out to warm up, and Jonathan just shuffled around on the step mostly so didn't get too cold... but Simon stayed IN. After two hours I finally made him get out and warm up... purple lips are scary. LOL!
I had forgotten I bought a Groupon for tickets to Repticon for the weekend. We went yesterday afternoon. These two held a snake! Ack. Simon also held a lizard of some kind. No one would hold the tarantula. LOL.
I STILL owe Simon a birthday update. It's coming... I swear. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment