Search This Blog

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Jonathan is 34 Months Old....

Dear Jonathan,

You are 34 months old, just a short two months from three. :) You have officially reached the age of the questions... they are plentiful and constant. "What's that called?" "Why does that do that?" "What does that say?" "How does that work?" "What's his name?" "Why is he doing that?" "Where are we going?" "What are we doing?" "Can I do that?" "Why not?" "

LOL. It's really very fun.  And you almost always answer with a very funny little, "Ohhhh!"  Makes me laugh every single time.

We have embarked on potty training because well, it's just time. You are ready, I think and I'm hope that we can make this happen by the time July is over. Is it possible I have bought my very last box of diapers.... ever? A mom can dream.

You have become my marathon napper, which is amazing and wonderful and perfectly timed for long summer days. You often sleep form 1-4 or 2-5 in the afternoons with me eventually opening your door to wake you up.  I feel bad that you probably would have done this all school year were it not that I had to keep waking you up to go get your brothers! You took it in stride though.

You are having a blast so far this summer. You love the pool and you love "wimmin'".  At swimming lessons, you are happy to swim without your puddle jumper and are doing great but, I have found at our pool you always want to have it on and seem to have acquired a healthy respect for the "regular" pool that doesn't have your friend Ms. Tara in it. LOL. It's great and works well... you paddle around happily for hours and I can keep an eye on you, but not have to be ridiculously hyper-vigilant to make sure you don't fall off the step or wander too deep or fall in.  The pool is FUN again after two years of it being very much NOT so fun.

You've become kind of a picky eater out of nowhere. (I'm starting to think it's mostly due to lack of effort on my part, actually).  Oddly you love a salad, almost any kind of salad...  and sushi, any kind...  otherwise though, your preferences have shrunk to the standard toddler top three -- chicken nuggets, hot dogs and pasta. Sigh.  I'm hoping it's a phase and I get my good, adventurous eater back soon.

One funny from this month, you have decided tags of any kind in your clothes are evil.  We have spent time every day for the last few weeks cutting tags out of your shirts and shorts. Good thing you're the last kiddo... I wouldn't know what size anything was for another child!!

Still plugging away with speech for the forsee-able future, which is now less speech and actually mostly play/social skills practice.  The speech pathologist still comes once a month but she doesn't have a whole lot to do speech-wise, so she works on stretching your attention span for activities. Cindy still comes once a week and works on all kinds of things related to social skills, functional playing, pushing you to sit longer to focus on completing tasks and that sort of thing. All good stuff there. :)

You are so silly and affectionate. I love your new "bear-sized bed" game you play with Corduroy and your other stuffed animals. You pat them, kiss them, read to them, and put them bed. It's quite possibly the sweetest thing ever. You are also always ready for kisses and hugs for mommy and daddy, though you have been giving your big brothers a very hard time lately. Poor Ben thinks you don't like him anymore because you won't give him the time of day. SImon you like to play with but you also like to beat up on him. We need to work on that...

Anyway, so that's you at two months till three... :) Happy 34 months months, Bug Bug! :)

Love,
Mommy :)

No comments: