Search This Blog

Monday, September 10, 2012

Speech Day!

... and I'm so excited to show Miss Cindy Jonathan's new trick!
If you ask him who Jonathan is, he answers "Me!" while pointing to himself. So ridiculously cute.

His vocabulary has taken off now to include almost entirely spontaneous word usage and TONS and TONS of verbs. He is also starting to do the two-word phrase thing a little more regularly. (though still not all the time) Still no family names though... I'll be very excited when that day comes. I really want see how he is going to say his brothers' names! :)


ETA: Yay for a good speech day. Well, after I almost made it a bust by switching up Jonathan's usual "speech" seat (his highchair) with his booster seat. He said a ton of new words, finished some fill in the blank sentences -- she'd say, "This is a _____ " and hold up an item. He said star, bus, boy, ball, snake, car, ice cream, hotdog, girl, sock and dog during this game! He used the phrase "I want" and learned a total new word, "gear". She also worked on his M, B, P, N, L sounds. He still can't do N or L at all.. but did a great job with the others. :)  So fun!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

New look blog or trouble with old blog?! So happy that Jonathon is progressing so much! He sounds like he just needed a bit of time!

Erin said...

Trouble with the old template... it wasn't showing all the entries from my archives. Haven't had time to customize this new template yet!