This is the first year Ben has actually been into summer reading! I really think it's that the school librarian told them they had to do it and signed them up at school. In his mind, that makes it completely black and white, no question, done deal. AWESOME.
We have been back to the library once already for one of the four stickers and I think we'll be back before we leave for vacation for yet another one.
Bridge books are going well too. I took a clue from the above fact and told him the pages get turned into the third grade teachers. Voila. Compliance. And since Ben is into it, Simon LOVES them... he feels like such a big kid when he sits down to do his "homework." :)
In other news, Ben hit a HUGE milestone at swimming lessons yesterday and swam all the way across the pool!!!!! The teacher pushed him a little more each time. She kept looking over at me to make sure I had seen how far he got and I could tell she knew he could do it. So the third time, she just kept backing up and he just kept going!!! He was pretty proud of himself. :) I wish I had gotten a photo after, but I was busy chasing crazy monster baby.
We are headed to the beach this coming week for Shark Week 2012. Yep. Big surprise that is the theme this year. ;) Sometimes I feel guilty that Simon is just along for the ride with Ben's obsessions, but he doesn't seem to mind and gets as into it as Ben does for however long it takes to run its course. Yesterday, they played with the Playmobil boat stuff for THREE HOURS, meticulously setting it up all up Simon's bedroom floor and recreating pirate and shark attacks. It was SO sweet....
Anyway, stay tuned for the traditional beach pictures - Ripley's big tire, boys digging in sand, 156 pictures trying to get one of all thee boys in front of the dunes looking at me and smiling....
Can't wait! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment