Not the Christmas card photo (I don't like putting myself in the Christmas card photo, generally)... but a nice little preview and also the first family picture we've taken since Jonathan was born... so YAY for that.
Anyway....
Back from Thanksgiving break and throwing ourselves full force into Christmas. I added a couple things to the kids' piles... namely an "Ultimate Effects Lightsaber" (which is something Simon has had his eye on for a solid year now) I was actually finished with Simon's gifts and then I found these on crazy sale at Target a couple days before Thanksgiving. Of course, only getting Simon one was going to be a recipe for disaster and plus, one light saber is no fun.... who are you going to battle with? So Ben is getting one too. I also convinced my friend Beth to put them on HER boys' Christmas lists, so the four boys can now have EPIC battles after the holiday. ;) LOL! I have to admit, these things are pretty cool... the most "realistic" looking ones I've seen next to the $119 glass ones that are for adults who like to display them. (which is kinda weird, right?) I also still had one more thing to get for Ben to balance out the gifts and I ended up with a really cool remote control car for older kids. I think he'll like it a lot.
Against all odds, we got a pretty decent Christmas card photo of the three boys on the beach. I had the hardest time coming up with something funny to write on the cards this year.... settled for kinda cheesy funny, but the picture is so darn cute, I think it makes up for the poor comedic writing. Hee. ;)
Next up? Decorating. Decorating this house for Christmas is a little intimidating, but, I figure I'll just do one thing every day and eventually it will look festive in here. Not sure if we are going to get around to lights outside this year, but we'll see.
All I really have left to do is hunt down a gift for my oldest niece and figure what to get Tom. I have an idea that I've kept in my back pocket for two years now, which is a possibility... but I'd rather save it for when I really need it... like a birthday or anniversary or something. So going to keep thinking on that one... Hrm....
4 comments:
Yes, I'm familiar with the "one light saber" conundrum. We only have one boy, hence one light saber and he's always complaining he needs someone to battle with. So instead he just runs around and bothers his sisters with it.
I am completely torn about the ultimate light saber. I mean really, the boy has FOUR light sabers, but that new one is really cool. He hasn't been completely whining for it, so may save till later.
Dawn, my boys have probably 20 light sabers between them. The Ultimate FX one though is definitely different than the rest. Simon has been talking about it for literally a SOLID year... it was next on his list to save up for with his allowance. I couldn't resist when Target had them for $5 off PLUS another $5 coupon on top of that. He's going to go nuts on Christmas morning when he opens that thing.
WAY ahead of you, Sarah. ;) LOL!
Post a Comment