We took Jonathan's bottle away cold turkey after our road trip this past weekend. It wasn't intentional, although, I'll admit it was long overdue. He didn't want it at all during that awful night he wouldn't fall asleep at the hotel, so we figured we'd already endured the worst of it after that.
We are now two days bottle free and he's basically sleeping all night now. He woke up last night around 10 and cried for a minute and then I think I got up and gave him his binkie in the 1a.m. hour. We replaced the bottle portion of his bedtime routine with a story and he seems okay with that.
Could it be that I am finally done with bottles... for GOOD?
So, now that he's sleeping all night, I just have to make sure I don't fall into that, "Hey! babies are easy! Let's have another!" trap and it will be smooth sailing. ;)
2 comments:
This post needs the "Newborn amnesia prevention project" tag. ;)
Oh yes!
Post a Comment