So, for those who weren't following my Facebook status tooth saga, Ben finally lost the most disgusting dangling loose front tooth ever. It fell out when I barely touched it with a toothbrush yesterday morning. When this happened, he freaked his freak out and immediately took a deep breath to let out a huge scream of panic.
That's when the tooth disappeared from where it had fallen into the bottom of his mouth and flew into the back of his throat with all the suction of a top-of-the-line Dyson vacuum cleaner.
It was all a blur after that. The screaming. The freaking. The tooth was gone. Eventually, he recovered and was a much happier little guy since that uncomfortable loose tooth was finally out. I sent him to school. At some point, it occurred to me that if he HAD actually inhaled it, that that might not be good. A few quick Google searches confirmed this.
Crud.
I had to get Simon to school though so I waited to call the pediatrician until we we got home. I was hoping for a pat on the head and an assurance that it was no big deal, he was fine. WRONG. The pediatrician said that, while it was unlikely he had actually inhaled it and not just swallowed it (because he recovered so quickly without much coughing), he still needed to know for the all the reasons I had encountered in my Google search.
Tom ran him up to Advanced Radiology around 4:30, where they don't think they saw anything. But the doctor will let us know on Monday.
At this point, I'm sure he's fine. BUt still... for the love of PETE. Who knew a loose tooth could cause this much DRAMA?!?!
1 comment:
wierd! i am very thankful that we haven't yet reached this stage of losing teeth. and i have to say that micah is quite happy to keep all his teeth as well... oh dear. hope all was ok with ben!
Post a Comment