Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Real Deal...

So I dropped Benjamin off at preschool around 9:15 without incident...

Well, there was ONE incident. I totally broke a rule and proved I did not have my listening ears on last Thursday when they were telling the parents how drop-off goes down. We got there about 15 minutes early, (since I am perpetually early for everything) and walked downstairs. I saw two other kids in the room, so I took Ben in, dropped him in his classroom and kissed him goodbye. Then I got kindly reprimanded for coming too early... apparently the doors do not officially open until 9:12... sure enough, I turned around and there was a hoard of parents and kids standing behind the closed doors. Gah. How embarassing. Of course, once they told me this, I did vaguely remember this topic being discussed last Thursday. D'oh.

Anyway, here are some highlights/thoughts thusfar: (it's 10:30)

* I feel like I am missing an appendage. It's not a bad feeling... just strange. I swear I keep feeling like I'm forgetting something.

* I drove for probably ten minutes before I realized I was still listening to the Sesame Street alphabet cd.

* I decided that 2-1/2 hours is a LOT longer than it sounds....

* Then I panicked when I realized I couldn't remember if I'm supposed to pick him up at 11:15 or 11:45...

* Also, I did not plan very well. I ended up just driving until I got to a shopping center by my inlaws' house. I stopped for coffee and sat around for about 15 minutes before realizing this was going to be a VERY long 2-1/2 hours...

* Then I did exactly what I did NOT want to do with this time, I came home. (mostly to check what time school is over) Note to self: plan better on Thursday. I do actually have things I could be doing... I just didn't really give it much thought when I left the house this morning.

(sigh)

No comments: