Search This Blog
Friday, June 13, 2014
Winding Down...
We are getting ready to close the book on yet another school year. Why did this one seem like it flew by so quickly? Was it all the snow days? I know I'm not alone because I have seen countless other moms make this same comment. Every year does not feel like this... but this one? Feels like it went by in a blink.
The boys brought home the entire contents of their desks and lockers today. I always love this. It's when we find all things that mysteriously went missing earlier in the year. For instance, Simon brought home about 27 snack containers. So THAT'S where they all went! Ben brought home some books that weren't actually his, so I'm not sure what happened there.
On Monday when they come home from the actual last day, (because oh heck yes, my children will be going even though it's ridiculously dumb that the last day of school is on a Monday) I'll wash the lunch boxes, art smocks, and backpacks and put them away again until August. It's bittersweet, a school year coming to an end. This was a good one -- fourth grade and first. I hope next year it just as wonderful!
1 comment:
We have to go all of next week! I wish we were done with school!!! It's just free babysitting this week.
Post a Comment