Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2011

Three-fer Update....

Benjamin--
Ben had the weirdest/shortest stomach bug ever over the weekend. I thought for sure he'd be out of school today, but there was only one "incident" and it was overnight on Saturday and then he kicked the fever by early Sunday and was eating, drinking and playing completely normally. He was none too pleased about his recovery as off to school he went this morning. HA.

I spoke too soon when I said in a recent post that he wasn't currently obsessed with anything. It is 24/7 Pokemon over here and BOY am I growing weary of this one. Ready to move back to the solar system or maps and flags or any number of his past obsessions that he revisits periodically.


Simon --
Simon is cracking us lately. He has been pleasant most of the time, which is a nice change from the constant scowling of the last year. He is also mostly over his dislike of girls and even invited one over at school on Thursday, much to his teacher's amusement. He did tell her she would have to play with boy toys since we have no girls toys. Then his teacher said he promptly UNinvited her while waiting in line for the bathroom when he decided (and told her) that he didn't like her hair. But it's progress and we'll take it. ;)

He is big into making movies and "soundtracks" for said movies lately. His most recent creation was a karate movie, which I put on FB and will try to post here later. I couldn't stifle my laughter. He REALLY wants to take a karate class. The very thought makes me cringe... I never thought I'd entertain the idea of letting one of my kids do that. But he keeps asking!!! There is one at the Little Gym around the corner that does karate and gymnastics sort of combined... might have to give it a try.

Jonathan --
I could swear my mostly still non-verbal baby said "marshmallow" clear as day this morning while pointing to the bag I had in my head as I was making Ben's lunch. "Mah me yoh". I did a double take and actually said, "Did you just say marshmallow?" In reply he held out his chubby little hand. I'm sure I won't hear that word again for a year because that's how these things go over here. Weird though. He is SO much like Ben, it scares me sometimes. He is currently OBSESSED with ceiling fans and light switches and turning lights on and off. Gah. He throws a complete fit (as in, lays on the floor screaming) when you won't pick him up to reach a light switch. He's a tantrummy one, this one. I do want to take him on a field trip soon to the fan and light aisle at Home Depot. That was always a huge hit with big brother.

I had a proud mommy moment over the weekend when we took them all out to eat at the Avenue in White Marsh. The older couple at the table next to us stopped me as we were leaving to tell me how well-behaved our children were. And then, walking by the fountain on the way out, an elderly lady and her son stopped us to say they had seen us earlier and the son said his mom had commented how well-managed and well-behaved they all were. She then chimed in to say that she had had nine kids that we should keep going. LOL! Let me think, umm.. no. But anyway, those sorts of comments are always nice when you are out and about. :o)

1 comment:

K said...

have you taken J to visit heat pumps yet? Then we will have REALLY crossed into Ben territory. ;)