Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Super Simon's Super Party....

Simon is going to his friend's superhero birthday party today. He's SO excited. All the kids are wearing superhero costumes too, which ALREADY makes this party a winner in Simon's eyes. He's been agonizing all week over which costume he'll wear. Right now, he's going back and forth between Mr. Incredible and Buzz Lightyear. Also, this meant I had to bring all of our costumes down from the attic, so I just sucked it up and made room in their closet to hang them all up again.

Simon is in dress-up HEAVEN.

Anyway, so the party is just for the younger siblings. (his friend has a brother Ben's age and almost all of our neighborhood friends have a similar sibling age setup) I think this is awesome... and a great thing for Simon to have his own friends and things that are JUST for him that Ben can't do. I hope there is more of this in the near future for him.

Ben, on the other hand, thinks it's completely unfair and has declared that he wants to quit basketball (which falls during the party which he can't go to anyway) because of it. LOL! It's kind of amusing to see the tables turned where Simon is allowed to do something Ben CAN'T do.

So he and Tom are going out for lunch together and then to basketball, which means it's just going to be Jonathan and me for two whole hours this afternoon, which is always kind of fun. I think we're going to run to the grocery store and then just lay on the floor together and play. (exciting, I know!) ;)

Also, YAY for the beginnings of drop-off birthday parties! THanks, neighbor Jill!!! :o)

No comments: