Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Good Day.

Ben appears to have had a decent day at camp today and he hasn't turned evil and weepy on me... yet.

That kid Sammy is still being mean to him, but Ben seems to be handling it better. He kinda just shrugged it all off today, though he said he doesn't understand why the counselors never say anything to him. I don't either. Well, actually I do... it's probably because they are busy flirting with each other and being teenagers because as I recall from my junior counselor days, that's what junior counselors do. Today it appeared the junior counselors spent a significant amount of time in arts and crafts (which is where today's Ben/Sammy encounters happened) doodling all over each others' legs with markers. Yes, I remember those days fondly. Arts and Crafts was when we really slacked off because the kids were in the hands of the Arts and Crafts director.

Neither here nor there. They are teenagers. (not looking forward to having any of those of my own, btw)

But anyway, it does mean it's time to take matters into my own hands.

One of these three camp mornings that are left, I am going to wait around until this Sammy kid's mom leaves and I am going to kneel down beside him on the little wooden bench and tell him to leave my kid the heck alone.

Also to be noted, this new baby is NOT going to be named Samuel or any derivation thereof. It was a possibility there for awhile, but has now, most definitely, been nixed from the list. Sorry to all the other Sams out there that one bad seed ruins the name for me forever!

4 comments:

Periwinkle Jen said...

Blogger needs to add a "like" button;-)

Periwinkle Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

LOL!

Twinkletoes said...

Good for you!
I am glad that Ben is making the best out of it because camp is something he should enjoy. I just hate that Sam is making it an issue for him. Brat!
See, the thing with Ben noticing that the boy does not get in trouble irritates me! My son is sweet and I specifically asked for a teacher in first who would reprimand kids who make bad choices. GOOD KIDS need to see that BRATS get in trouble for their choices.