A few nights ago, Ben declared that HE was going to read Simon his bedtime story. And he did. (he has tried this before but it has always dissolved into silliness and Ben totally making up a different story than what is in the book)
He read one of Simon's Thomas the Train board books, a book about opposites, The Foot Book, and a Little People School Bus book. The funniest part was after that when Simon said he wanted Ben to read Green Eggs and Ham. Ben started out at a nice clip on the first few pages... but then he turned the page and saw the ridiculously long list of places and ways Sam's friend does not want green eggs and ham and said, "This is WAY too long. Simon you have GOT to pick another book." LOL!
Last night, we were getting ready for bed and Simon said to me, "Can Ben read my bedtime story?" at which point I melted into a puddle. I managed to compose myself and sent him into Ben's room to ask.
"Ben! Hurry up and get dressed! I want you to read my bedtime story!" he yelled.... about a hundred times, in true Simon fashion, since Ben was too busy trying to find his pants to answer him.
Finally, they settled in. And last night, Ben read ALL of Hop on Pop to his little brother. (except for the words Constantinople and Timbuktu) Seriously, sweetest. thing. EVER.
I didn't want to ruin the moment with a camera, but tonight I may try for the picture and video because it will make your teeth hurt, it's so sweet.
I love that they have each other and I love the brothers relationship they already have, even though Simon is only two... :) Makes every pregnancy annoyance I ever experienced worth it. I do hope one day they can have another sibling to join the mix, but even if I only have just these two, life's pretty darn good.
No comments:
Post a Comment