Search This Blog

Friday, November 21, 2008

He's Getting It!

Ben has started taking an interest in learning to read! Not that he didn't have any interest before, but something seems to really have clicked in the last week or two.

He is sounding out words all over the place and is starting to recognize more and more words just by sight. It's very exciting to watch him light up when he realizes he knows a word!

I'm thinking I need to pick up a few really simple, repetitive early reader books (Hop on Pop and maybe the Bob books) to really get him going. Most of his other books would still be really frustrating. Recently, he was upset because we said we had read enough stories for the night but that he could stay up and look at his books by himself... he replied, oh so pitifully, "But I don't know what any of the words say!" Hopefully, that will start to change!

No comments: