Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2003

... well, I started this blog a few days late... so I'll try to catch you up. Friday before last, I was soooooooo sick... Saturday I was sooooooooooo sick... and so this continued through Tuesday morning, when it dawned on me that perhaps this wasn't just a stomach bug. Considering I have taken 5 or 6 pregnancy tests in the past year, you would have thought this would've dawned on me EARLIER, but that's beside the point now.

So Tuesday morning, (7/15) I unceremoniously peed on the stick yet AGAIN... this time, I turned around for half a second and wouldn't you know it, the darn thing turned up two lines while I wasn't looking. (that's "positive" for those who haven't experimented with the many brands of preg. tests on the market these days). I stumbled into the bedroom, stick in hand... "Tom... hey Tom.... " "What?" "It's two lines.... look it's two lines..."

What followed was a mixture of shock, excitement and total disbelief ... slowly we have begun to tell people. I called my mom that morning, she told my dad... we told Tom's parents the next day... still keeping it a little quiet though.

A blood test came back from the doctor yesterday, cofirming that I am in fact, with child... (duh).

And so begins another adventure ... :)

No comments: